Thursday, June 09, 2011



I've always had a thing for native american culture, 
especially their names! Here are a few of my favorites: Wandering Bear, Born on Holy Ground, Deer Jumping Downhill, Leaping Water, Possesses Magical Powers, Winter Princess.... I'll just stop there. 

I'm venturing into painting more native-american inspired illustrations, there's so much to work with, I'm starting out with feathers. You can check them out here

Anyways, I've been trying new things I haven't published yet, inspiration includes: tribal art and alchemy. This is the new color palette I've been working with.



 I leave you with some awesome native american proverbs:


I have been to the end of the earth. I have been to the end of the water. I have been to the end of the sky. I have been to the end of the mountains. I have found none that are not my friends.  (Navajo)

Listen to the voice of nature, For it holds treasures for you. (Huron)

Take only what you need and leave the land as you found it. (Arapaho)

It is no longer good enough to Cry peace, We must Act peace, Live peace and Live In Peace. (Shenandoah)

No comments: